Computer keeps freezing

Can someone please help me, my computer keeps crashing and the only way to
reboot is to switch off at the plug, sometimes it freezes after five minutes
other times after a couple of hours. It has been this way for a couple of
months now.
I have ran anti virus, spyware, deleted my internet temp. files, changed
start up applications, ran a bug doctor but nothing i seem to do helps any
information will be greatly appreciated
thanks
--
purplesazsaz

Hi R. C White,
My computer is packard bell the model type is VOL-QUA AMD Athlon xp i have
defragmented it and there is still alot of room left on it so i dont think i
need more memory. I live in England, the room is not air conditioned and the
computer is in a cabinet. When it freezes my mouse still moves but i cant
access anything on my computer the screen stays the same (my wallpaper) but
ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work. I have msn messenger and that will sign me out
and get stuck trying to signme back in i try and close down my programmes but
it just says not responding.

Thanks for your help
purplesazsaz