russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Steve,
I've been hanging in the software section a couple of days now and I really feel that it needs revamped.

There are some subsections That need to be removed entirely.
For example :

print and fax ... we have a printer section under hardware.

Video ... gets confused with video cards and can be handled under that forum.

Hardware ... I think this is self explanatory.

It would also help if there was another line under each sub section describing what should be posted there.

The software section is not unique in needing some work.

The games section was organised the exact way I'd organised it in one of my threads about forum organisation down here at the start of the new forumz -

So have a look there for my Software section and see if you can make any changes / if it ok?

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
That, makes absolutely no sense at all!

Why is forum structure being discussed in the game's section instead of right here in the structure section? That's just plain dumb! I guess if that's any indication of how things work around here, I'm going to stop trying right now!

If someone decides to do something about this suggestion, and wants to contact me , do it through PM because
I'm through coming down here.

All you get when you try to suggest something down here is resistance and B.S. and "I thought of it first "from immature, argumentative, do it my way or no way, one better than you *@#% people!

... SCREW IT! .... And the flipping font And the size just hung up again!

P/S I read through most of that thread in the game section and wondered at that time why it wasn't put where it belongs, . .. . Right here!

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Jeez calm down before you need to go to hospital. :wink:
No kidding russell. Take a vacation or something. I mean even when I've gotten pissed over things I still haven't gone spastic like you're getting. Relax already. It's not like there's some secret conspiracy to ruin your life or something.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Guess Steve didn’t like the ideal everybody was in agreement to go from 50 folders down to 5. Maybe we should of worked on a few folders at a time. :lol: The 500,000 post have to go somewhere. It’s like the forum is trying to be more like a reference then a forum with more than three million unique posts and replies. It makes me sick that there is such a long stroll in the sections and as russell pointed out even the simplest no brainer changes don’t get made.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Rome was not built in one day. I am working on integrating forumz polls into the main sites. After that, I will get to the Games Section, and after that, hopefully to the Software Section.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Ok, it is time to seriously look at the Games Section reorg, now that debugging is coming to an end.

You can’t hold it against some of use for crying out smoke. You basically already said up front we needed 50 game folders for the 500,000 post and didn’t give us any hope you wanted or would reduce it.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
true, totally true, last couple times i reported abuse nothin was done though :( the "pms" to fredi are still sittin in my outbox unread from sept and oct..

RCPilot

Champion
I understand..... Fredi is a busy man & he's only gotten busier in the last year....

Abuse Reports go directly to the Mods & you'll get a faster response there, usually....

RCPilot

Champion
When you hit the button, it goes to a mod, on a rotating basis...... There's only one copy, so Fredi isn't involved in the initial report..... He may be brought into the loop if a mod. requests it......

You'll also notice Fredi is listed as Admin. under Global Moderators, not Moderator......