the problem of controller ACPI

I use a notebook computer Micron Trek 2 AGP U376, I installer windows XP,
all is ok but in the managerment of peripherique (Gestionnaire de
périphérique) the ACPI is conflict with PCI bus , I want use the deffirent
parameter of configuration and I can't because the option parameter base on
(******) is unchangable and the option use the configuration automated is the
same. so my question is how I can changer it!
ps my computer is PII 400/ 256M/ 60G/ AGP 8M

thanx and I am all ears;
3 answers Last reply
More about problem controller acpi

    Upgrade the BIOS if possible. If it won't help, reinstall Windows from
    scratch with Standard HAL - hit F7 during initial stage of setup.
    When you fix HAL issue, buy modern laptop.

    Now I use Linux Mandrank 9 and there is no problem, and I try to upgrade the
    BIOS but I can't find the new version for my computer, I will try to
    reinstall Windows following what you say, and hope it will be oki. thanx!

    "Jetro" wrote:

    > Upgrade the BIOS if possible. If it won't help, reinstall Windows from
    > scratch with Standard HAL - hit F7 during initial stage of setup.
    > When you fix HAL issue, buy modern laptop.

    Do not forget to also installed the correct chipset drivers for the laptop
    in XP. These may help by placing the correct ACPI drivers into Windows.

    "frederic" <frederic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Now I use Linux Mandrank 9 and there is no problem, and I try to upgrade
    > the
    > BIOS but I can't find the new version for my computer, I will try to
    > reinstall Windows following what you say, and hope it will be oki. thanx!
    >
    > "Jetro" wrote:
    >
    >> Upgrade the BIOS if possible. If it won't help, reinstall Windows from
    >> scratch with Standard HAL - hit F7 during initial stage of setup.
    >> When you fix HAL issue, buy modern laptop.

Computers Windows XP