HPGL2 versus HPGL ???

Hello:

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the difference between hpgl2 and hpgl?

I believe that hpgl2 simply has an expanded command set. What are these?

Thanks,
Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about hpgl2 versus hpgl

    [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
    the cited author.]

    In article <27b6ed03.0406151510.58892688@posting.google.com>,
    tomcees_pc@yahoo.com says...
    > Hello:
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what exactly is the difference between hpgl2 and hpgl?
    >
    > I believe that hpgl2 simply has an expanded command set. What are these?

    There are many extra commands and extensions to commands. A few I can
    think of off the top of my head:
    Default 0,0 is in the corner instead of the center
    extra rotations (180 and 270)
    BP (Begin Plot)
    QL (Quality Level)
    PC (Pen Color)
    PW (Pen Width)
    PP (Pixel Placement)
    LA (Line Attributes)
    many others I can't think of right now. The above were the biggest effect
    on what I wrote for. Many of the enhancements were to support raster-mode
    (laser/inkjet) enhancements that the old vector pen plotters couldn't do.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

    Andrew Rossmann <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b3a78bfa6ae12239899f9@news.comcast.giganews.com>...
    > [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
    > the cited author.]
    >
    > In article <27b6ed03.0406151510.58892688@posting.google.com>,
    > tomcees_pc@yahoo.com says...
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me what exactly is the difference between hpgl2 and hpgl?
    > >
    > > I believe that hpgl2 simply has an expanded command set. What are these?
    >
    > There are many extra commands and extensions to commands. A few I can
    > think of off the top of my head:
    > Default 0,0 is in the corner instead of the center
    > extra rotations (180 and 270)
    > BP (Begin Plot)
    > QL (Quality Level)
    > PC (Pen Color)
    > PW (Pen Width)
    > PP (Pixel Placement)
    > LA (Line Attributes)
    > many others I can't think of right now. The above were the biggest effect
    > on what I wrote for. Many of the enhancements were to support raster-mode
    > (laser/inkjet) enhancements that the old vector pen plotters couldn't do.

    Thanks Andy. This is most helpful information.

    TomCee

Printers Command Prompt Peripherals