i'm working IN xp and i'm trying to access my a drive. i'm using a VIKING
1.44MB, 2HD IBM FORMATTED DISK. ITS TELLING ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE THE
PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS THE DISK. I PUT THE SAME DISK IN ANOTHER MACHINE, AND
IT ALLOWS ME TO FORMAT, COPY, CUT AND PASTE, ETC. I'M IN THE ADMINISTRATORS
GROUPS ON ALL MACHINES.

could there be a conflict with this particular manufacturer and that
hardware manufacturer. all other disks work using that machine. can someone
help

--
just trying to learn

peter

Hi,

Just want to know, does the other floppy disk cab be used in the same machine?
If the answer is 'NO", check the Mobo BIOS setting for the floppy drive.
If the anser is "Yes", I don't know how to fix it.

Peter

"slm4sho2001" wrote:

> i'm working IN xp and i'm trying to access my a drive. i'm using a VIKING
> 1.44MB, 2HD IBM FORMATTED DISK. ITS TELLING ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE THE
> PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS THE DISK. I PUT THE SAME DISK IN ANOTHER MACHINE, AND
> IT ALLOWS ME TO FORMAT, COPY, CUT AND PASTE, ETC. I'M IN THE ADMINISTRATORS
> GROUPS ON ALL MACHINES.
>
> could there be a conflict with this particular manufacturer and that
> hardware manufacturer. all other disks work using that machine. can someone
> help
>
> --
> just trying to learn

everything is all good in the bios setting. i can actually use a different
brand/manufacturer of floppy disk and it works just fine. it's just that i
cant do anything with the VIKING disks. could the MOBO BIOS still be an
issue?

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to know, does the other floppy disk cab be used in the same machine?
> If the answer is 'NO", check the Mobo BIOS setting for the floppy drive.
> If the anser is "Yes", I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Peter
>

> "slm4sho2001" wrote:
>
> > i'm working IN xp and i'm trying to access my a drive. i'm using a VIKING
> > 1.44MB, 2HD IBM FORMATTED DISK. ITS TELLING ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE THE
> > PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS THE DISK. I PUT THE SAME DISK IN ANOTHER MACHINE, AND
> > IT ALLOWS ME TO FORMAT, COPY, CUT AND PASTE, ETC. I'M IN THE ADMINISTRATORS
> > GROUPS ON ALL MACHINES.
> >
> > could there be a conflict with this particular manufacturer and that
> > hardware manufacturer. all other disks work using that machine. can someone
> > help
> >
> > --
> > just trying to learn

Look in Admin.. tools Local Security policy, local policies, Security
Options, Devices restrict floppy..........