Athlon 1333 only running at 1GHz

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I have just upgraded to a new Gigabyte 7NF-RX Socket-A nForce2 (400
FSB) motherboard, and now my chip only runs at 1000Mhz.

The memory is 266 which i bought with the processor many years ago.. I
have changed the bios to run at 133 (effectively 266).. but it still
runs at 1Ghz..

Any ideas

TEALC

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2004

"Winshent" <winshent-google@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just upgraded to a new Gigabyte 7NF-RX Socket-A nForce2 (400
> FSB) motherboard, and now my chip only runs at 1000Mhz.
>
> The memory is 266 which i bought with the processor many years ago.. I
> have changed the bios to run at 133 (effectively 266).. but it still
> runs at 1Ghz..
>
> Any ideas

Doh
check specifications Athlons dont run at their described speed buddy

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

"Winshent" <winshent-google@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to a new Gigabyte 7NF-RX Socket-A nForce2 (400
> FSB) motherboard, and now my chip only runs at 1000Mhz.
>
> The memory is 266 which i bought with the processor many years ago.. I
> have changed the bios to run at 133 (effectively 266).. but it still
> runs at 1Ghz..
>
> Any ideas

Did you change the memory speed or the multiplier speed ?

Denis