Problems with new hardrive

I have an XP machine and I previously had a 20 Gig hard drive which was
filling up. I added a new 160 Gig external hard drive. I transfered all of
my old files and pictures to the new harddrive and it seemed to be okay but I
cant delete the stuff off of the older hard drive. I try and delete it but
it doesnt work. ANy suggestions?

Do you have the correct "rights" to delete those files from the older drive?

"Bonny" <Bonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an XP machine and I previously had a 20 Gig hard drive which was
> filling up. I added a new 160 Gig external hard drive. I transfered all
> of
> my old files and pictures to the new harddrive and it seemed to be okay
> but I
> cant delete the stuff off of the older hard drive. I try and delete it
> but
> it doesnt work. ANy suggestions?

bar

You will not be able to delete the System Folders 'My Documents', 'My
Pictures'. You can 'move' them to the d Drive.

Right click on the My Documents folder and use the 'Move' button to relocate
that folder to the D Drive. Doing the same for other folders [and their
contents] will achieve your desired result.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Do you have the correct "rights" to delete those files from the older drive?
>

> "Bonny" <Bonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an XP machine and I previously had a 20 Gig hard drive which was
> > filling up. I added a new 160 Gig external hard drive. I transfered all
> > of
> > my old files and pictures to the new harddrive and it seemed to be okay
> > but I
> > cant delete the stuff off of the older hard drive. I try and delete it
> > but
> > it doesnt work. ANy suggestions?

Use the method explained here to take ownership, then you can delete it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823306

-----
Nathan McNulty