Rom and security files for Touchmaster??

are there Rom and/or security files available on the tabletop touch screen
machines? i am referring to the Touchmasters, Merit Megatouches, etc....
do these currently run in Mame also?

if so, where could i download them?

thanks,
Kelly

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Kelly Ray wrote in alt.games.mame:
> are there Rom and/or security files available on the tabletop touch screen
> machines? i am referring to the Touchmasters, Merit Megatouches, etc....
> do these currently run in Mame also?

No. These machines have a daughter card that handles the encyption
other then that they are essentially Windows based if I am not mistaken
so emulation would be very slow (not that the majority of these games
are action packed anyway.)

--
David
To err is human, to forgive is not company policy

"Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> are there Rom and/or security files available on the tabletop touch screen
> machines? i am referring to the Touchmasters, Merit Megatouches, etc....
> do these currently run in Mame also?
>
> if so, where could i download them?
>
> thanks,
> Kelly

They are normal pc and they work under dos,ptsdos,win3.1,win95

ok, thanks, i am trying to upgrade my Merit and Touchmasters to newer
versions and need to burn eproms for them to work and security chips, i
believe!

thanks,
Kelly

"KnK" <freddy(box)@aliceposta.it> wrote in message

> "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> are there Rom and/or security files available on the tabletop touch
>> screen machines? i am referring to the Touchmasters, Merit Megatouches,
>> etc.... do these currently run in Mame also?
>>
>> if so, where could i download them?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Kelly
>>

> They are normal pc and they work under dos,ptsdos,win3.1,win95

The security chip is a Dallas Semiconductor security key, the Roms are
programmed to look for this (I believe it is in the BIOS of the system.

I had played around once or twice with trying to crack this so that I could
upgrade a 6000 mega touch. Also some of the upgrades are limited by the
boards them self. Example my 6000 can not go up any more or else it would
require a CD-Rom (double speed only to work) and or a HD.

I have not figured out how to interpret the Roms as to which key is used.