Processor, Memory for GA-8PE667?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I have a GA-8PE667 Ultra MB. What is the fastest CPU I can use on this
board? It is a Socket 478 for Intel Micro FC-PGA2. The manual says it has
a 533/400MHz FSB, and it supports Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood, 0.13um) and
Hyper-Thread technology.

Also, can I use PC3200 DIMM memory (DDR400)? The manual says it supports
DDR333/DDR266 DIMM's.

Concerning the CPU, what would you recommend?

Thanks.

Falco

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8PE667%20Ultra.htm

Will tell you everything you need to know

"Wes Stebbins" <WesGuitar@neb.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a GA-8PE667 Ultra MB. What is the fastest CPU I can use on this
> board? It is a Socket 478 for Intel Micro FC-PGA2. The manual says it
> has
> a 533/400MHz FSB, and it supports Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood, 0.13um) and
> Hyper-Thread technology.
>
> Also, can I use PC3200 DIMM memory (DDR400)? The manual says it supports
> DDR333/DDR266 DIMM's.
>
> Concerning the CPU, what would you recommend?
>
> Thanks.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

"Wes Stebbins" <WesGuitar@neb.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a GA-8PE667 Ultra MB. What is the fastest CPU I can use on this
> board? It is a Socket 478 for Intel Micro FC-PGA2. The manual says it
> has
> a 533/400MHz FSB, and it supports Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood, 0.13um) and
> Hyper-Thread technology.
>
> Also, can I use PC3200 DIMM memory (DDR400)? The manual says it supports
> DDR333/DDR266 DIMM's.
>
> Concerning the CPU, what would you recommend?
>
> Thanks.

Yes you can use PC3200 DIMM but i cant be sure whether it will operate at
its full speed(400Mhz) or at 333Mhz. The voltage settings are the same(2.5V
and 1.3 for Vtt) for DDR 266/333/400 so there is no danger for over or under
voltage.