Bad block

I have done a system check and it shows that I have a bad block on
Device\Harddisk1\D. Is there anything I can do? Please help. My computer
is runnung terrible

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

If you are receiving a message that you have a bad block on your hard disk,
this means that the drive is beginning to fail. Running chkdsk /r will
move the information from the portion of the disk that is failing to a new
location, but the issue will most likely begin to get worse. You will
start seeing more and more bad blocks appearing in your event logs. This
process may take a couple of months before the disk no longer functions.

The best suggestion would be to backup the information you currently have
on this drive and restore it to a new hard drive, so that you do not lose
this information.

Dave

Thanks for the info, this is the second drive that is doing this. Just
bought a new one in january of this year but only has a 3 month warranty on
it. I did find out that my computer is still under warranty for 9 more days,
so called dell and they said they can send me a new hard drive from the
original one. I have the old one still in and the new one from january in.
So I guess that is what I will do. Thanks again for the help