deleting partition on drive to use it for just storage

I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
i deleted the primary part.
then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
drive exist.
tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
it wont let me.

im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
doing wrong.
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting partition drive storage

    sidney wrote:
    > I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
    > i deleted the primary part.
    > then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
    > drive exist.
    > tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
    > it wont let me.
    >
    > im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
    > doing wrong.

    you cannot use fdisk...
    use disk management

    Thanks guy my problem is solved..

    "philo" wrote:

    > sidney wrote:
    > > I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
    > > i deleted the primary part.
    > > then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
    > > drive exist.
    > > tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
    > > it wont let me.
    > >
    > > im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
    > > doing wrong.
    >

    > you cannot use fdisk...
    > use disk management

Partition Windows XP