deleting partition on drive to use it for just storage

sidney

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
i deleted the primary part.
then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
drive exist.
tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
it wont let me.

im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
doing wrong.

Philo

sidney wrote:
> I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
> i deleted the primary part.
> then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
> drive exist.
> tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
> it wont let me.
>
> im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
> doing wrong.

you cannot use fdisk...
use disk management

sidney

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Thanks guy my problem is solved..

"philo" wrote:

> sidney wrote:
> > I started FDISK and followed the instructions on deleting the partition.
> > i deleted the primary part.
> > then tried to delete the ext. part. and it said cant delete while logical
> > drive exist.
> > tried to delete the logical and thats where i run into a problem.
> > it wont let me.
> >
> > im trying to free up the whole drive to use for storage. is it something im
> > doing wrong.
>

> you cannot use fdisk...
> use disk management

TRENDING THREADS