Sign in with
Your question

Sexy LCD!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 25, 2001 2:49:33 AM

WooT WooT! Check out teh 18.1" Compaq 8030. Damn that looks nice w/ a 20ms response time! And teh contrast is nice too- 350:1! For 1299$!

If it's working...overclock it!

More about : sexy lcd

November 25, 2001 2:50:14 AM

Why, if I liked big monitors, this would deifently be a treat!

November 25, 2001 11:32:30 AM

Nice!! But the price tag is way up there!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
November 25, 2001 1:31:20 PM

Well, considering that it is an 18 incher.

November 25, 2001 4:35:22 PM

thats a huge price jump for one extra inch. It doesn't do higher resolutions or anything does it?
November 25, 2001 5:00:49 PM

1280x1024 res. Consider though that as the size of an LCD goes up, it becomes harder and harder to produce.

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool:
November 26, 2001 5:43:44 PM

I would go for a 17 or 17.4 LCD over an 18” any day, same native resolution at 1280 x 1024, Lower cost and tighter pixel pitch is the main reasons.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com
November 26, 2001 8:32:48 PM

Hey, I go for 15" LCD's, cause I like em small (monitors that is, hooters are a different story:) ). Just brougt that LCD to attention cause there are people who like 18" inchers.

November 26, 2001 8:42:09 PM

I suspect you brought it to our attention because you seem to like to promote Compaq products at the expense of others.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

November 26, 2001 9:33:45 PM

No....if you'll see a few months ago I was advising people to buy Eizo L375. I simply reccomend what is the best- dude, I'm 14, I don't work for anyone if you have that idea. See, I was scared that someone would accuse me of this- but I only promote what is the best, regardless of company (well, company does matter in the sense that they are somewhat known at least).

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by flamethrower205 on 11/26/01 06:35 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
November 27, 2001 3:50:50 PM

Flame

If you are implying that the Cornerstone brand name is not as well known as Compaq, I will agree. However it only shows how little you know of the industry, technology in general and my company.

Cornerstone started in 1986 (before you where born) building video cards, monitors and software products. Cornerstone currently has an install base of over 900,000 monitors thought out the world the majority 19 – 21” this is our specialty. Most people do not recognize our brand name because we have historically sold into the corporate market place. Most of our customers are fortune 500 companies, who’s IT managers evaluate many brands before standardizing on hardware. While our monitors will work great in the gaming / home environment, unlike companies like Compaq we concentrate our marketing efforts on corporate accounts in the U.S. and Europe. Prior to the launch of MonitorsDirect.com in January 2000, we sold virtually nothing to the general public.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone

November 27, 2001 9:47:46 PM

I never implied I never knew of Cornerstone- half of my friends own 21" inch Cornerstones (the ones that are kinda old and require a special vid card). Anyways, Cornerstone is a known brand imo, I'm talking about those that I haven't heard of, and that no one has heard of- or that have a history of bad monitors. I can't name any that I don't know of b/c, well, I don't know of them:)  I liek Cornerstone, you're 17.4" inch LCD's specs are very nice, I just don't liek analog LCD's. Excuse my spelling of words- I have been in the weight room for 2 hours today (I'm a shotputter), and quite honestly can't feel my arms after I made a bet w/ a friend and won it (becnhing 150 pounds 15x).

December 11, 2001 2:57:24 PM

I do not agree with GoSharks. There are hundreds of company that are making monitors and I do not recognize a lot of them then I know little about the industry and technology in general.
If a lot people does not know about a company then the company's product is not outstanding. Even the company does not concentrate their marketing at us. For example A lot people knows about SGI even they cannot afford one. Abit is very well known and I never see its advertistment. If a company have good product then people will knows about the company.
December 11, 2001 3:34:35 PM

My point is that alot of people do know about Cornerstone and my products. Just because you dont simply means that you are not part of the focus of my marketing $$. BTW now you know.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2001 11:47:31 PM

Can you provide a link to the compaq 18" monitor. I can't find it. (need the specs)

Jack Burton is a great man...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Buddwm on 12/12/01 08:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
December 20, 2001 10:01:34 PM

Compaq claims the "contrast ratio" is 300:1

specs:
Type Thin-Film Transistor (TFT) LCD
Size / Viewable Image Size (diagonal) 18.1 in / 18.1 in
Native Resolution SXGA
Signal Input VGA, DVI-I
Viewing Angle (Horizontal) 160 degrees
Viewing Angle (Vertical) 160 degrees
Cabinet Colors Carbon/Silver

Brightness (typical) 235 nits
Contrast Ratio 300:1