BCI-6 Ink in Canon S-750 ?

Is this safe to use, or do I need to track down some BCI-3e?

L. Tuxbury wrote:
> Is this safe to use, or do I need to track down some BCI-3e?

You must track down the BCI-3e as the cartridges are *NOT* the same and the
ink is formulated differently (as I understand it).

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrotenews:40d0b596$1_5@
127.0.0.1:

> L. Tuxbury wrote:
>> Is this safe to use, or do I need to track down some BCI-3e?
>
> You must track down the BCI-3e as the cartridges are *NOT* the same and
the
> ink is formulated differently (as I understand it).

I have both in my hands, and they look exactly the same.

Is it only ink that is the diference?

I ask, because I'd like to keep a set of refilled BCI 3's on hand when my
6's start to run out.

The black cart for the iP3000 is a "3" series from the factory. The rest
are 6 series.

Methinks ordering canon compatible ink online for refilling will do the
trick.
Any thoughts?

--
---Mapanari---

The color ink and carts are identical, but do not mix the black ink or you
will be sorry.

"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrotenews:40d0b596$1_5@
> 127.0.0.1:
>
>> L. Tuxbury wrote:
>>> Is this safe to use, or do I need to track down some BCI-3e?
>>
>> You must track down the BCI-3e as the cartridges are *NOT* the same and
> the
>> ink is formulated differently (as I understand it).
>>

> I have both in my hands, and they look exactly the same.
>
> Is it only ink that is the diference?
>
> I ask, because I'd like to keep a set of refilled BCI 3's on hand when my
> 6's start to run out.
>
> The black cart for the iP3000 is a "3" series from the factory. The rest
> are 6 series.
>
> Methinks ordering canon compatible ink online for refilling will do the
> trick.
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> ---Mapanari---

The tanks are the same physically, but mixing ink from different
formulations may or may not be advisable. Why not purchase a set of
inexpensive (but good quality) cartridges and then refill those. You are
already aware that I recommend products from alotofthings. They have
everything you need and at a better price than the vendor you linked to in a
different posting.

Ron Cohen

Ron Cohen wrote:

>"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrotenews:40d0b596$1_5@
>>127.0.0.1:

>>>You must track down the BCI-3e as the cartridges are *NOT* the same and
>>>

>>the
>>

>>>ink is formulated differently (as I understand it).
>>>

>>I have both in my hands, and they look exactly the same.
>>
>>Is it only ink that is the diference?
>>
>>I ask, because I'd like to keep a set of refilled BCI 3's on hand when my
>>6's start to run out.
>>
>>The black cart for the iP3000 is a "3" series from the factory. The rest
>>are 6 series.
>>
>>Methinks ordering canon compatible ink online for refilling will do the
>>trick.
>>Any thoughts?
>>
>>--
>>---Mapanari---
>>

>The tanks are the same physically, but mixing ink from different
>formulations may or may not be advisable. Why not purchase a set of
>inexpensive (but good quality) cartridges and then refill those. You are
>already aware that I recommend products from alotofthings.

Consider 88inkjets.com. Look at their websites. Read the information.
Then you make the decision.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net>
wrotenews:df73e.4656$oy3.1101@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

> "Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrotenews:40d0b596$1_5@
>> 127.0.0.1:

>>> You must track down the BCI-3e as the cartridges are *NOT* the same
>>> and
>> the
>>> ink is formulated differently (as I understand it).
>>>

>> I have both in my hands, and they look exactly the same.
>>
>> Is it only ink that is the diference?
>>
>> I ask, because I'd like to keep a set of refilled BCI 3's on hand when
>> my 6's start to run out.
>>
>> The black cart for the iP3000 is a "3" series from the factory. The
>> rest are 6 series.
>>
>> Methinks ordering canon compatible ink online for refilling will do the
>> trick.
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> ---Mapanari---
>
> The tanks are the same physically, but mixing ink from different
> formulations may or may not be advisable. Why not purchase a set of
> inexpensive (but good quality) cartridges and then refill those. You are
> already aware that I recommend products from alotofthings. They have
> everything you need and at a better price than the vendor you linked to
> in a different posting.
>
> Ron Cohen

I figured out that the carts are not that valuable, like HP and Epson carts
are.

I can buy a brand new cart for $3.50 filled, then use them as spares and
just keep a set refilled and ready to go, or not.

Refilling them is so easy I might not even bother getting another set.

--
---Mapanari---