hello, I recently added another hard drive in my system. My old hard drive
has win98 on it with a sound blaster live sound card. I chose to put windows
xp home version on my new hard drive, and now I can't get sound out of my
speakers. My speakers are boston acoustics with a subwoofer. I have checked
all the drivers and they are enabled and functioning. I'm at wits end on
this matter, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/mfgcunha/ said:

> Hello, I recently added another hard drive in my system. My old hard drive
> has win98 on it with a sound blaster live sound card. I chose to put windows
> xp home version on my new hard drive, and now I can't get sound out of my
> speakers. My speakers are boston acoustics with a subwoofer. I have checked
> all the drivers and they are enabled and functioning.

Try http://kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

"Where did my sound go?"

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...