Second Harddrive problems

Events required me to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition, once this was
complete I was unable to access my second harddrive. Anytime I attempted to
open it, it gave the message "do you want to format this drive?" I have
verified that the device is properly installed through the device manager -
all drivers show up and are clear of any errors (appear to be anyway). It is
my hope that someone out there can tell me how to get my system to recognize
that this drive is available and already formatted for use. Also I am really
not wanting to recreate/reload all the programs and data to that drive.

At a loss for what to do next.

Thanks

Rt click on MyComputer>select Manage>Disk Management>if the drive shows
up there see if you can assign it a drive
letter.
"Dalf" <Dalf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Events required me to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition, once this was
> complete I was unable to access my second harddrive. Anytime I attempted
> open it, it gave the message "do you want to format this drive?" I have
> verified that the device is properly installed through the device
> manager -
> all drivers show up and are clear of any errors (appear to be anyway). It
> is
> my hope that someone out there can tell me how to get my system to
> recognize
> that this drive is available and already formatted for use. Also I am
> really
> not wanting to recreate/reload all the programs and data to that drive.
>
> At a loss for what to do next.
>
> Thanks

You can also try removing the device from Device Manager
(Start-Run-devmgmt.msc) by right clicking on the second hard drive,
click Uninstall, then reboot and let Windows reinstall the device.
Maybe that will work for you :)

-----
Nathan McNulty