How to get warranty replacement?

I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical w/Intellieye,
which is supposed to have a 5 year warranty. I bought it
two years ago. I have the receipt right here. The
center LED has gone out on it, and I need it replaced. I
cannot for the life of me figure out how to contact
Microsoft for a warranty replacement. Personal free
support is not working, I have been getting an error
message that the page is not available for 2 days. I'm
definitely not paying $35 per incident for a $25 mouse.
I even tried the Assisted Support down to the point where
I choose my product. My product is not listed, and
there's no choice for "other". I chose Intellimouse
Explorer 3.0, which is pretty close to what I have. But
then when I type in my PID, it tells me its not supported
in the United States. Which is baloney, I bought it in
the United States and its never left Alabama.
I sent them a feedback "questions about support" email,
which is the only thing I could find. Still have not
heard back from them. Can anybody help? Any MVPs have a
way to get to the hardware warranty replacements dept?

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed! :)
Software or Hardware
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;
[ln];326246

>--
>Carey Frisch
>Microsoft MVP
>Windows XP - Shell/User
>
>Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.
aspx

--------------------

> "SherryB" wrote:
>
>| I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical w/Intellieye,
>| which is supposed to have a 5 year warranty. I bought
it
>| two years ago. I have the receipt right here. The
>| center LED has gone out on it, and I need it
replaced. I
>| cannot for the life of me figure out how to contact
>| Microsoft for a warranty replacement. Personal free
>| support is not working, I have been getting an error
>| message that the page is not available for 2 days.
I'm
>| definitely not paying $35 per incident for a $25
mouse.
>| I even tried the Assisted Support down to the point
where
>| I choose my product. My product is not listed, and
>| there's no choice for "other". I chose Intellimouse
>| Explorer 3.0, which is pretty close to what I have.
But
>| then when I type in my PID, it tells me its not
supported
>| in the United States. Which is baloney, I bought it
in
>| the United States and its never left Alabama.
>| I sent them a feedback "questions about support"
email,
>| which is the only thing I could find. Still have not
>| heard back from them. Can anybody help? Any MVPs
have a
>| way to get to the hardware warranty replacements dept?
>.

Just a note, even if your MS product is out of warranty, I have still
had them offer to send a replacement free of charge. One thing that can
be said is that Microsoft's Customer Service is amazing to say the
least. They also send you the replacements as quickly as possible which
is great if you are hurting without the device.

-----
Nathan McNulty

SherryB wrote:
> Thank you! That is exactly what I needed! :)

sinl

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
How do I find out exactly which country my microsoft arc mouse warranty is supported? To email microsoft, I had to enter the ID number of my mouse and it let me go forward and ask my question, but does that mean i can get warranty replacement in my country? My mouse is really becoming a pain to use, the left click is almost always unresponsive..