GA-7N400-L Won't recongize correct CPU

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I just purchase a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L motherboard and a AMD Athlon
2700+ CPU. When it does the post the motherboard says it in only a
Athlon 1500+. I tries to switch the Clock Ration to 13X with now luck.
Could someone help?

Thanks

<kevans1007@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just purchase a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L motherboard and a AMD Athlon
> 2700+ CPU. When it does the post the motherboard says it in only a
> Athlon 1500+. I tries to switch the Clock Ration to 13X with now luck.
> Could someone help?
>
> Thanks

First guess is that the clock switch (CLK_SW) is in the wrong possition.
Should be ON.
Second guess is the BIOS FSB freq is not set to 166MHz in Advanced Chip set
Features
You can down load the Manual for this board. It is packed with good ideas.
JPS