Software for Motherboard Won't Load

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 4, 2005 11:31:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I have a ga-7n400 pro2 and the none of the software under Software
Applications will load on my PC. I have installed all of the Chipset Drivers
with no problems. I click on Gigabyte Windows Utilities Manager(GWUM) and
the other options on the screen, I hear the disk start to spin as though it
is trying to copy the files, but nothing ever loads. Any ideas on what might
be going on?
March 6, 2005 1:34:29 AM

"Jack" <jack@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I have a ga-7n400 pro2 and the none of the software under Software
> Applications will load on my PC. I have installed all of the Chipset
Drivers
> with no problems. I click on Gigabyte Windows Utilities Manager(GWUM) and
> the other options on the screen, I hear the disk start to spin as though
it
> is trying to copy the files, but nothing ever loads. Any ideas on what
might
> be going on?

Not really, but if your CD is faulty you can download the applications from
the Gigabyte web site.
March 6, 2005 1:34:30 AM

"Ian" <ian@iano.net> wrote in message

> "Jack" <jack@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> I have a ga-7n400 pro2 and the none of the software under Software
>> Applications will load on my PC. I have installed all of the Chipset
> Drivers
>> with no problems. I click on Gigabyte Windows Utilities Manager(GWUM) and
>> the other options on the screen, I hear the disk start to spin as though
> it
>> is trying to copy the files, but nothing ever loads. Any ideas on what
> might
>> be going on?
>>

> Not really, but if your CD is faulty you can download the applications
> from
> the Gigabyte web site.

Ian, I have been to the web site and clicked on the links for the software,
but there are no download links. Where is the url to download the software?
Related resources
March 7, 2005 12:10:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

I have found that for me the download links only function with Internet
Explorer and definitely now with Netscape 7.2. I once emailed Gigabyte
support, and they did provide a Netscape compatible download link. It's
just easier to use IE.
I never learned why the links don't work with NS.

Jack wrote:

> "Ian" <ian@iano.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Jack" <jack@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have a ga-7n400 pro2 and the none of the software under Software
>>>Applications will load on my PC. I have installed all of the Chipset
>>
>>Drivers
>>
>>>with no problems. I click on Gigabyte Windows Utilities Manager(GWUM) and
>>>the other options on the screen, I hear the disk start to spin as though
>>
>>it
>>
>>>is trying to copy the files, but nothing ever loads. Any ideas on what
>>
>>might
>>
>>>be going on?
>>>

>>Not really, but if your CD is faulty you can download the applications
>>from
>>the Gigabyte web site.
>>

> Ian, I have been to the web site and clicked on the links for the software,
> but there are no download links. Where is the url to download the software?

March 7, 2005 12:10:23 AM

"Steve" <sgoldstn@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I have found that for me the download links only function with Internet
>Explorer and definitely now with Netscape 7.2. I once emailed Gigabyte
>support, and they did provide a Netscape compatible download link. It's
>just easier to use IE.
> I never learned why the links don't work with NS.

I am using IE and can't find any live links on the Software page to click
on.
!