Page scrolls up & down on it's own. Please help!!

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the monitor, but it still does it.
I switched monitors with another computer of mine & it doesn't do it on the
other computer, just mine. Any Ideas?
--
teerexx

Please keep all post! The reply if orphaned.

The problem may not be with the monitor drivers

"teerexx" <teerexx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the monitor, but it still does
>it.
> I switched monitors with another computer of mine & it doesn't do it on
> the
> other computer, just mine. Any Ideas?
> --
> teerexx

I have been told Windows XP has a plug & play feature that searches for the
best available drivers. I have tried to update the drivers, but it says the
the one I a'm currently using is the best.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Please keep all post! The reply if orphaned.
>
> The problem may not be with the monitor drivers
>

> "teerexx" <teerexx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the monitor, but it still does
> >it.
> > I switched monitors with another computer of mine & it doesn't do it on
> > the
> > other computer, just mine. Any Ideas?
> > --
> > teerexx

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about here, but the page
scrolling up and down on its own is usually due to the wrong mouse
drivers. As for the monitor, the monitor doesn't really need any
drivers since the video card is what sends the information to the
monitor. The only reason for having specific drivers for the monitor
would be for custom color settings.

I would set the monitor to a Plug and Play Monitor when selecting the
drivers manually. As for the computer thinking that driver is the best,
the computer will pick the newest drivers that are WHQL certified. This
means that even if you have newer drivers (that are not WHQL certified),
it will still pick the old ones ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty

teerexx wrote:
> I have been told Windows XP has a plug & play feature that searches for the
> best available drivers. I have tried to update the drivers, but it says the
> the one I a'm currently using is the best.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>

>>Please keep all post! The reply if orphaned.
>>
>>The problem may not be with the monitor drivers
>>

>>"teerexx" <teerexx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the monitor, but it still does
>>>it.
>>>I switched monitors with another computer of mine & it doesn't do it on
>>>the
>>>other computer, just mine. Any Ideas?
>>>--
>>>teerexx