Canon BCI-3 Carts at Walmart

ME

Don't know if this portends of things to come, but...

Local (small town) Wal Mart has all Canon BCI-3e carts on sale, and they
have been removed from the regular ink cart aisle.

Color carts are $8.00, regularly $10.87, Black double wide is $9.00,
regularly $12.84.

How are things in YOUR neck of the woods?

Stranger

bill

me@privacy.net wrote:

>Don't know if this portends of things to come, but...
>
>Local (small town) Wal Mart has all Canon BCI-3e carts on sale, and they
>have been removed from the regular ink cart aisle.

The BCI-3 series is probably being phased out slowly because most of the
cartridges for the newer models all use the BCI-6 series.

>How are things in YOUR neck of the woods?

Don't know...haven't bought any cartridges in months - I refill.
:)

I've had my 750 for 2 years and have bought only a couple sets of carts.
Plus a half gallon of ink or so. ;-0

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:jOydnW6ETcnGY03dRVn-gw@golden.net...
> me@privacy.net wrote:
>
> >Don't know if this portends of things to come, but...
> >
> >Local (small town) Wal Mart has all Canon BCI-3e carts on sale, and they
> >have been removed from the regular ink cart aisle.
>
> The BCI-3 series is probably being phased out slowly because most of the
> cartridges for the newer models all use the BCI-6 series.
>
> >How are things in YOUR neck of the woods?
>
> Don't know...haven't bought any cartridges in months - I refill.
> :)

ME

Dan G wrote:

> I've had my 750 for 2 years and have bought only a couple sets of carts.
> Plus a half gallon of ink or so. ;-0
>
> "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:jOydnW6ETcnGY03dRVn-gw@golden.net...
> > me@privacy.net wrote:
> >
> > >Don't know if this portends of things to come, but...
> > >
> > >Local (small town) Wal Mart has all Canon BCI-3e carts on sale, and they
> > >have been removed from the regular ink cart aisle.
> >
> > The BCI-3 series is probably being phased out slowly because most of the
> > cartridges for the newer models all use the BCI-6 series.
> >
> > >How are things in YOUR neck of the woods?
> >
> > Don't know...haven't bought any cartridges in months - I refill.
> > :)

I've been REALLY reluctant to refill. Had an old BJC600 for years, and
tried refilling those carts. Used the little black rubber stoppers,
sealing tabs, and every other kind of sealant the refillers pushed, and
the darn carts STILL leaked all over the printer and my desk. So, I
decided refilling AIN'T for me. Besides, I don't use that much ink, so
it's not a big expense to buy Canon originals. However, if they
disappear from the shelves, I may be forced into it.

Stranger

bill

me@privacy.net wrote:

>> > The BCI-3 series is probably being phased out slowly because most of the
>> > cartridges for the newer models all use the BCI-6 series.

>> > Don't know...haven't bought any cartridges in months - I refill.
>> > :)
>
>I've been REALLY reluctant to refill. Had an old BJC600 for years, and
>tried refilling those carts. Used the little black rubber stoppers,
>sealing tabs, and every other kind of sealant the refillers pushed, and
>the darn carts STILL leaked all over the printer and my desk. So, I
>decided refilling AIN'T for me.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

But for the Canon printers that use the "think tank" cartridges,
refilling is VERY easy and I've never spilled a drop or had any leakage.

> Besides, I don't use that much ink, so
>it's not a big expense to buy Canon originals. However, if they
>disappear from the shelves, I may be forced into it.

If you need BCI-3 cartridges, I think you can substitute them with BCI-6
tanks.

However, since the i850 and other models that use the BCI-3 series are
only a couple of years old, Canon should not be phasing them out
completely just yet. Unless they recommend the BCI-6 as a replacement.

me@privacy.net wrote in message news:<40D11F4B.9A2FA7F4@cvalley.net>...
> Dan G wrote:
> >
> > I've had my 750 for 2 years and have bought only a couple sets of carts.
> > Plus a half gallon of ink or so. ;-0

> > > The BCI-3 series is probably being phased out slowly because most of the
> > > cartridges for the newer models all use the BCI-6 series.

Or they could just be on sale. The walmart posted "regular" prices are rather
high. If you go to canogacamera.com , the prices there are $1.50~$2 cheaper
per cartridge. Their service is fast, friendly, and what they charge for
shipping is very nominal. Not good for ordering just one, but good deal
for ordering a bunch and/or with Canon paper which they have great prices
for as well. I just ordered a big order from them recently for my new
Canon i9900. Yes, that's a BCI-6 printer, but my other printer (a Canon F50
do-everything unit) uses the BCI-3e family.

Mike

ME

Bill wrote:

> >I've been REALLY reluctant to refill. Had an old BJC600 for years, and
> >tried refilling those carts. Used the little black rubber stoppers,
> >sealing tabs, and every other kind of sealant the refillers pushed, and
> >the darn carts STILL leaked all over the printer and my desk. So, I
> >decided refilling AIN'T for me.
>
> Sorry it didn't work out for you.
>
> But for the Canon printers that use the "think tank" cartridges,
> refilling is VERY easy and I've never spilled a drop or had any leakage.
>
> > Besides, I don't use that much ink, so
> >it's not a big expense to buy Canon originals. However, if they
> >disappear from the shelves, I may be forced into it.
>
> If you need BCI-3 cartridges, I think you can substitute them with BCI-6
> tanks.
>
> However, since the i850 and other models that use the BCI-3 series are
> only a couple of years old, Canon should not be phasing them out
> completely just yet. Unless they recommend the BCI-6 as a replacement.

Could be that the demand now is more for the BCI-6 carts, and Wal Mart
is going to carry only those that are current. I ran into that with the
carts for the old BJC. I used to be able to get them at Sam's, but even
they stopped carrying them. I could find them at Staples and other
office places, but the prices were high. That, coupled with a
deterioration in print quality, drove me to buy a new printer--the
i850. Now, those carts might become rare!

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

me@privacy.net wrote in message news:<40D27654.9D35475C@cvalley.net>...
> Bill wrote:

> > >I've been REALLY reluctant to refill. Had an old BJC600 for years, and
> > >tried refilling those carts. Used the little black rubber stoppers,
> > >sealing tabs, and every other kind of sealant the refillers pushed, and
> > >the darn carts STILL leaked all over the printer and my desk. So, I
> > >decided refilling AIN'T for me.
> >
> > Sorry it didn't work out for you.
> >
> > But for the Canon printers that use the "think tank" cartridges,
> > refilling is VERY easy and I've never spilled a drop or had any leakage.
> >
> > > Besides, I don't use that much ink, so
> > >it's not a big expense to buy Canon originals. However, if they
> > >disappear from the shelves, I may be forced into it.
> >
> > If you need BCI-3 cartridges, I think you can substitute them with BCI-6
> > tanks.
> >
> > However, since the i850 and other models that use the BCI-3 series are
> > only a couple of years old, Canon should not be phasing them out
> > completely just yet. Unless they recommend the BCI-6 as a replacement.
>
> Could be that the demand now is more for the BCI-6 carts, and Wal Mart
> is going to carry only those that are current. I ran into that with the
> carts for the old BJC. I used to be able to get them at Sam's, but even
> they stopped carrying them. I could find them at Staples and other
> office places, but the prices were high. That, coupled with a
> deterioration in print quality, drove me to buy a new printer--the
> i850. Now, those carts might become rare!

go to (http://www.123inkjets.com)inkjet cartridges, one for 6$
if you want save more go to http://www.dealcatcher.com/
and choose 123inkjets store.