XP SP2 & infrared

TOMI

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

Hi,

My infrared service stopped workin after SP2 installation. I rolled back SP2
but couldn't get irda back anymore. I tried to roll back infrared driver but
windows claimed that there is no other drivers available.

The only infrared related service I have running is infrared monitor. Should
there be another service for infrared and if so, how do i get it up and
running?

Regards,

Tomi

The service might need to be enabled thru the security
utility,firewall,exceptions,
add the service.I believe internet connections let you set-up infrared also.
Windows server 2003 has such a utility also,try them for a download,its
compatable with xp.

"Tomi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My infrared service stopped workin after SP2 installation. I rolled back SP2
> but couldn't get irda back anymore. I tried to roll back infrared driver but
> windows claimed that there is no other drivers available.
>
> The only infrared related service I have running is infrared monitor. Should
> there be another service for infrared and if so, how do i get it up and
> running?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomi

TOMI

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

As I mentioned I do not hav SP2 anymore. I uninstalled it but inrared remains
dead. When I had SP2 I had Windows firewall disabled, so that should not
have been the reason for problems. I have F-secure firewall installed and the
infrared was working fine with the wirewall priror to SP2.