Burning CDs-Problems with DVD Writer?

I have a HP DVD Writer 300c on my computer. It worked fine until about a
month ago. Now when I place a blank CD in the L-Drive tray, the driver door
closes, it grinds a bit and then ejects with the message to place a blank
disc in the L-Drive. Basically it does not see my blank CD. The lower drive
reads fine. I have reloaded my cd burning software "Sonic Record Now," and
the driver itself to no avail. (Strange that when I reloaded my drivers the
names changed from "E" Drive and "F" Drive to "L" Drive and "E" Drive.) I
have done a few things recently, but I don't know if they have anything to do
with my problem: I partially downloaded another CD burning program, "Iomega
Hot Burn" (was unsuccessful because I already had a burning program on the
computer) and then removed the partially loaded Hot Burn. I have checked the
discs, used a variety of different blank cds and even attempted to burn using
windows media. In all cases, it is ejected and unread. If anyone has any
insight, please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about burning problems writer

    Have you tried any of these suggestions:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Starjazzmine wrote:
    > I have a HP DVD Writer 300c on my computer. It worked fine until about a
    > month ago. Now when I place a blank CD in the L-Drive tray, the driver door
    > closes, it grinds a bit and then ejects with the message to place a blank
    > disc in the L-Drive. Basically it does not see my blank CD. The lower drive
    > reads fine. I have reloaded my cd burning software "Sonic Record Now," and
    > the driver itself to no avail. (Strange that when I reloaded my drivers the
    > names changed from "E" Drive and "F" Drive to "L" Drive and "E" Drive.) I
    > have done a few things recently, but I don't know if they have anything to do
    > with my problem: I partially downloaded another CD burning program, "Iomega
    > Hot Burn" (was unsuccessful because I already had a burning program on the
    > computer) and then removed the partially loaded Hot Burn. I have checked the
    > discs, used a variety of different blank cds and even attempted to burn using
    > windows media. In all cases, it is ejected and unread. If anyone has any
    > insight, please help!

Burner DVD Writers Windows XP