Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) Chip?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
March 1, 2005 11:55:07 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
2.80GHz
processor. What does the "Mobile" in the chip name mean? Does the chip
support wireless better than other chips? Do I need a wireless NIC?
--
Thanks,

Arnie Halpern
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 1, 2005 7:41:55 PM

Hi
Mobile Chip is usually a type of Pentium CPU that is designed to take less
power than the comparable Desktop CPU. It has nothing to do with Network and
Wireless.
If your Laptop did not come with Installed Wireless you need to buy a
Wireless Card bus (PCMCIA) client and plug it in.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"arnieh" <arnieh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
> 2.80GHz
> processor. What does the "Mobile" in the chip name mean? Does the chip
> support wireless better than other chips? Do I need a wireless NIC?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Arnie Halpern
Anonymous