Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) Chip?

I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
2.80GHz
processor. What does the "Mobile" in the chip name mean? Does the chip
support wireless better than other chips? Do I need a wireless NIC?
--
Thanks,

Arnie Halpern
2 answers Last reply
More about mobile intel pentium chip

    Hi
    Mobile Chip is usually a type of Pentium CPU that is designed to take less
    power than the comparable Desktop CPU. It has nothing to do with Network and
    Wireless.
    If your Laptop did not come with Installed Wireless you need to buy a
    Wireless Card bus (PCMCIA) client and plug it in.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "arnieh" <arnieh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
    > 2.80GHz
    > processor. What does the "Mobile" in the chip name mean? Does the chip
    > support wireless better than other chips? Do I need a wireless NIC?
    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arnie Halpern

    Thanks, Jack.

    "Jack (MVP)" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Mobile Chip is usually a type of Pentium CPU that is designed to take less
    > power than the comparable Desktop CPU. It has nothing to do with Network and
    > Wireless.
    > If your Laptop did not come with Installed Wireless you need to buy a
    > Wireless Card bus (PCMCIA) client and plug it in.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "arnieh" <arnieh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
    > > 2.80GHz
    > > processor. What does the "Mobile" in the chip name mean? Does the chip
    > > support wireless better than other chips? Do I need a wireless NIC?
    > > --
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Arnie Halpern

Mobile Wireless Chip Wireless Networking