GA-7VRX (Rev 2.x)

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2005 12:13:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Dear All,

I have giga-byte motherboard model GA-7VRX (Rev 2) and currently have
problems with start up. The symptoms are a blank screen, no apparent
sometimes up to seven times, restarts the system and it then behaves
normally.

To try to overcome this I have flashed the BIOS to F7 but still have the
problem, is the MB on the way out, any idea's?

Cheers,

Bob...

More about : 7vrx rev

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 7, 2005 2:20:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

i'm having the same problem with a gigabyte 8s648fx-rz-c m/b. i'm going
to flash the bios and see what happens. how did you fix this problem?
did you have to replace the m/b?

thanks,

bill

Bob Huelin wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have giga-byte motherboard model GA-7VRX (Rev 2) and currently have
> problems with start up. The symptoms are a blank screen, no apparent
> sometimes up to seven times, restarts the system and it then behaves
> normally.
>
> To try to overcome this I have flashed the BIOS to F7 but still have the
> problem, is the MB on the way out, any idea's?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Bob...

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2005 12:17:37 AM

"william schilp" <wschilp@cadence.com> wrote in message
> i'm having the same problem with a gigabyte 8s648fx-rz-c m/b. i'm going to
> flash the bios and see what happens. how did you fix this problem? did you
> have to replace the m/b?
>
> thanks,
>
> bill
>

> Bob Huelin wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have giga-byte motherboard model GA-7VRX (Rev 2) and currently have
>> problems with start up. The symptoms are a blank screen, no apparent
>> off, sometimes up to seven times, restarts the system and it then behaves
>> normally.
>>
>> To try to overcome this I have flashed the BIOS to F7 but still have the
>> problem, is the MB on the way out, any idea's?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

>> Bob...
Bill,

In my case I simply went around all connections inc RAM and ensured they
were all sound. Since doing this the PC has performed without a hitch!!!

Cheers,

Bob...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2005 2:44:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

thanks for the reply. i flashed the bios to f7 ( the latest) and now the
board is working fine. seems that the fix for support of E stepping CPU
did the trick (i have a celeron D 2.66GHZ ) processor installed.

bill

!