GA-8I865GVMK - problems with DOS applications

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hi, group!
Is it possible, that Giga-byte motherboard GA-8I865GVMK is
incompatible with MS-DOS applications?
I install WindowsXP, and it works fine. But I can't install Win98,
Win95, even Win3.1 on the blank hard disk. Installation process stops
at the very beginning. Win3.1 Setup can'n start driver VGA. For Win9x
there are no bootlogs at all.
Moreover, Partition Magic boot disk (floppy) doesn't work too:
CauseWay Error 09: Unrecoverable internal exception, program
terminated.
Exception:0D, Error code:0000
Can't find what this means :-(
Does it matter, that total conventional memory - 638K in DOS?
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Stanislav Asymont a écrit :
> Hi, group!
> Is it possible, that Giga-byte motherboard GA-8I865GVMK is
> incompatible with MS-DOS applications?
> I install WindowsXP, and it works fine. But I can't install Win98,
> Win95, even Win3.1 on the blank hard disk. Installation process stops
> at the very beginning. Win3.1 Setup can'n start driver VGA. For Win9x
> there are no bootlogs at all.
> Moreover, Partition Magic boot disk (floppy) doesn't work too:
> CauseWay Error 09: Unrecoverable internal exception, program
> terminated.
> Exception:0D, Error code:0000
> Can't find what this means :-(
> Does it matter, that total conventional memory - 638K in DOS?
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Maybe troubles with SATA hard disk drive?

Because, I think MS-DOS can't handle this type
of HDD, but only IDE drive.

Christian.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

In addition: I used only IDE drives, changed onboard VGA card for old
PCI VGA card, turned off all possible devices and functions in BIOS,
but Partition Magic boot disk (floppy and CD) nevertheless doesn't
work. The same incomprehensible error message.

Thanks, Stanislav