Sign in with
Your question

Wake up computer without using mouse

Last response: in Windows 7
February 3, 2011 5:22:58 PM

My old mouse died and I shut down my pc and connected a new one. When I powered up my pc, I cannot get my pc to wake up. Is there anything I can do, using the keyboard, to wake it up?

More about : wake computer mouse

a c 289 $ Windows 7
February 3, 2011 5:31:56 PM

Yea, hit a key on the keyboard. Any type of input will wake up the PC.

But what do you mean you can't get the PC to wake up? Do you mean it's not turning on? If your mouse is not working, and especially if the PC does not turn on, try another port to connect it to, and try to turn on the PC without the mouse see if it starts up OK.
February 3, 2011 6:10:33 PM

The computer comes on but to turn it off, I did a hard crash. Pc sounds and looks like it powered back up. None of the keys will wake it up but that is not new, it never would using the keyboard. Tried all your suggestions before posting initial post. Monitor is 4 months old, a Samsung, so I doubt it's that.
a c 289 $ Windows 7
February 3, 2011 6:15:16 PM

1EarthMother said:
The computer comes on but to turn it off, I did a hard crash. Pc sounds and looks like it powered back up. None of the keys will wake it up but that is not new, it never would using the keyboard. Tried all your suggestions before posting initial post. Monitor is 4 months old, a Samsung, so I doubt it's that.

This is even more confusing. So the PC turns on, but you can't turn it off? What do you mean by "wake it up", when it goes to suspend mode or what? Are you getting any image on the screen? What exactly is going on? Start from when you hit the power button on the PC, what do you see and hear?

If you get no image on the screen (kinda sounds like that is what you are talking about), check your connections. You may have pulled the monitor cable loose when you replaced the mouse.
!