CPU temp on 7VT600-RZ

Ian

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Does anyone know where and how the CPU temp is measured by the BIOS on
the 7VT-600RZ and how accurate this reading is likely to be?

I am unhappy because no matter what I try I can't get the CPU reading
below 56/58c at full load. This has bcome a problem now that I am
trying to run a BOINC application.
Cheers!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0521-2, 25/05/2005
Tested on: 25/05/2005 22:20:50

Ian wrote:
> Does anyone know where and how the CPU temp is measured by the BIOS on
> the 7VT-600RZ and how accurate this reading is likely to be?
>
> I am unhappy because no matter what I try I can't get the CPU reading
> below 56/58c at full load. This has bcome a problem now that I am
> trying to run a BOINC application.
> Cheers!

As an update/aside, I'm now using "threadmaster" to throttle the BOINC
application (seti@home). That'll do for now, as it keeps the temperature
down nearer 50c, at which level I get no crashes. At 56+ it was
sometimes wobbly.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0521-2, 25/05/2005
Tested on: 26/05/2005 00:23:15