Problem with IDE channel drivers

For some reason the past few days evertime windows starts it pops up
with the add new hardware box wanting drivers for the IDE Channel.

But it wont install the drivers and gives the following error.

There was a problem installing this hardware:

IDE Channel

An error occured during the installation of the device

Driver is not intended for this platform.

This box appears twice (each IDE channel), yet if i go into the device
manager, IDE Channel is listed twice with the yellow circle and black ?
icon. Clicking properties and it says

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

click reinstall drivers, then it comes up with the first error i get
when windows starts (Driver not intened for this platform).

Now either it does or it dosent want drivers, its really starting to
annoy me now haiving to do this each time windows starts up.

Does anyone know how i can sort this problem out

Reinstall the correct (Windows XP) M/B chipset drivers for your mother
board, including the IDE drivers.

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Spinal" <nooo@spaaamm.com> wrote in message
> For some reason the past few days evertime windows starts it pops up with
> the add new hardware box wanting drivers for the IDE Channel.
>
> But it wont install the drivers and gives the following error.
>
> There was a problem installing this hardware:
>
> IDE Channel
>
> An error occured during the installation of the device
>
> Driver is not intended for this platform.
>
> This box appears twice (each IDE channel), yet if i go into the device
> manager, IDE Channel is listed twice with the yellow circle and black ?
> icon. Clicking properties and it says
>
> The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
>
> To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
>
> click reinstall drivers, then it comes up with the first error i get when
> windows starts (Driver not intened for this platform).
>
> Now either it does or it dosent want drivers, its really starting to annoy
> me now haiving to do this each time windows starts up.
>
> Does anyone know how i can sort this problem out

tried that, but i still get the same problem

> tried that, but i still get the same problem
> Richard Urban wrote:
>> Reinstall the correct (Windows XP) M/B chipset drivers for your mother
>> board, including the IDE drivers.

Where are you getting the drivers from? A CD that came with the motherboard
or computer, the ones already installed in Windows, or drivers you got
elsewhere (where?).

peter

Hi,

Go to the mobo manufacturer's website, downlaod and install the latest XP
compatible chipset and IDE drivers.

Peter