BIOS can’t detect my new Sempron 2800

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Hi,
My current BIOS can’t detect my new Sempron 2800 (2GHz) processor.
I’ve download the new BIOS (bios_7n400_f11) from Gigabyte web site.
After updating the new BIOS, it still won’t detect my Sempron.

Do I have to set the CLK_RATIO & CLK_SW?
If yes, could you please provide me with the correct settings?

Thank you.

Model Name : GA-7N400
--------------------------
M/B Rev : Rev: 1.0
BIOS Ver : v.6.00 PG
VGA Brand : ATi Radion 9600 Pro 256MB
CPU Brand : AMD Sempron 2800 (2 GHz)
Operation System : Win XP SP : 1
KIngston 512MB DDR 400 CL 3

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-BIOS-detect-Sempron-2800-ftopict56961.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=286348

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

You need to check your manual, you still have it right? If not then
download it from Giga-bytes website the settings should be in their,
once that is set your should be fine.

Rthoreau

TRENDING THREADS