Thumbdrive drive letter doesn't show up in my computer box?

Sandman

Go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, select Computer Manage and
scroll down to Disc Management..detect it there and see if this works (this
really shouldn't be necessary with a USB thumb drive, but you asked) Make
sure you have SP1 installed if it is a USB 2.0 device, some are not.