No sound after Bios upgrade on Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2005 1:35:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Hi all,
I have just upgraded to the new Bios for this motherboard (ver F5) and
the sound is now dead. Can you tell me how you re-enabled the AC97
sound people - When I click on the olume control button it just says:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer
devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and
then click Add
Hardware"

:lol:
Hoping you can help.

Thanks pal.
Sheefa

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-sound-Bios-upgra...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=287296
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2005 1:35:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

"Sheefa" wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just upgraded to the new Bios for this motherboard (ver
> F5) and the sound is now dead. Can you tell me
> how you re-enabled the AC97 sound people
- When
> I click on the olume control button it just says:
>
> "There are no active mixer devices available. To
> install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and
> Other Hardware, and then click Add
> Hardware"

> :lol:
> Hoping you can help.
>
> Thanks pal.
> Sheefa

I think the same happened to me after upgrading my GA-K8NF-9 to bios
v. F4. You’ll need to go enter the BIOS on boot, find the AC97 setting
and set it to "auto" (or was it "enabled"). Hope this helps.
June 9, 2005 4:26:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Hello Sheefa

I had the same problem. In the BIOS on the Integrated Peripherals section
there is an AC97 Audio option and this sets itself to Disabled instaed of
Auto. Simply correct this and you should have your sound back.

Good Luck

Mike Clements

!