Sony Viao external keyboard & mouse problems

Dear all,

I was using an extermal keyboard & mouse for quite a while on my Sony Viao
PCG-GRT390ZP laptop (Win XP Pro). Suddenly for no apperant reason both
stopped working. If I plug them into the USB-port nothing happens (normally a
sound indicated its presence). The mouse is a MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 and
the keyboard a Compac Internet Keyboard.

Also it looks like my trackpad control panel in the Sony Notebook Setup has
disappeared which means I can't change the trackpad settings anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance for your help!

Erwin

"Erwin Redl" <Erwin Redl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I was using an extermal keyboard & mouse for quite a while on my Sony
> Viao
> PCG-GRT390ZP laptop (Win XP Pro). Suddenly for no apperant reason both
> stopped working. If I plug them into the USB-port nothing happens
> (normally a
> sound indicated its presence). The mouse is a MS Trackball Explorer
> 1.0 and
> the keyboard a Compac Internet Keyboard.
>
> Also it looks like my trackpad control panel in the Sony Notebook
> Setup has
> disappeared which means I can't change the trackpad settings anymore.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx in advance for your help!
>
> Erwin

Specific help here, possibly: