USB Hub Problem

Hello... I am trying to connect a printer and a new Mustek scanner
through a Kensington PocketHUB USB 2.0 to a Sony Vaio PC running XP.
Originally, the Lexmark printer was plugged into the remaining USB port
in the back of the Vaio (there's a DSL modem plugged into the other USB
port), and it worked OK. But when I attempt to run the printer through
the hub, I get a message saying that a new hardware item is detected
(Lexmark printer)--you know, like what you get before you actually run
the install CD. The printer did not work. I tried re-installing, but
still, the printer would not work.

Thinking that maybe the hub was defective, I dragged everything across
the room to another machine running 98 SE. It all worked without a
hitch! I installed the new scanner software--and the scanner was up and
running. I even plugged in a thumb-drive into the hub (along with the
scanner), and Windows Explorer read it just fine. I yanked it out and
didn't even get an error message. So... I must have something set up
wrong in XP. :confused: Any ideas would be appreciated.

--
wiretwister

Is the PocketHUB USB powered or does it have its own power adapter?

You may have too many USB devices on the Sony Vaio in order for the USB to
provide enough power to the PocketHUB.