Wi-fi connection problem Ppc2003 ipaq2210

July 6, 2004 11:46:52 PM

I feel I'm getting so near and yet so far in establishing a wi-fi connection

I'm using an iPaq2210 (Ppc2003), with Circond PocketWinC installed, and a Senao
wi-fi CF card.

I have the correct card drivers and it responds to a signal, and Cirond detects
and displays the correct available network (such as T-Mobile in Starbucks), but
when I tap on IE, the browser opens up but soon flashes the warning box ' The
webpage . . cannot be found' , so I can't even access the coffee shop network
welcome/login page. Arrgh!

I have the followed the steps shown on PocketPCmag.com forums for checking
ppc2003 wifi settings, but clearly something is not set, or ticked, correctly.

Help please on or off list

regards
Andrew

replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
meet ;-)
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 7:05:14 PM

Did you connect to the network?

Check the network card setting to see if it is connected to the correct
network.

"AJH400" <ajh400@aol.comkillspam> wrote in message
> I feel I'm getting so near and yet so far in establishing a wi-fi
connection

> I'm using an iPaq2210 (Ppc2003), with Circond PocketWinC installed, and a
Senao
> wi-fi CF card.
>
> I have the correct card drivers and it responds to a signal, and Cirond
detects
> and displays the correct available network (such as T-Mobile in
Starbucks), but
> when I tap on IE, the browser opens up but soon flashes the warning box '
The
> webpage . . cannot be found' , so I can't even access the coffee shop
network
> welcome/login page. Arrgh!
>
> I have the followed the steps shown on PocketPCmag.com forums for checking
> ppc2003 wifi settings, but clearly something is not set, or ticked,
correctly.

> Help please on or off list
>
> regards
> Andrew
>

> replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers
you
> meet ;-)
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:38:08 AM

>Check the network card setting to see if it is connected to the correct
>network.

According to Cirond Pocket WinC, the card picks up the network, but
can't/doesn't connect.
I should at least be able to see the wi-fi network login page, but no joy.

!