GA-K8N Ultra 939 pci-e probs

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

hi, i get these or similar STOP errors:

Kernal_data_inpage_error STOP: 0x0000007A
(0x0C03DDB14, 0xC0000090, 0xF76C5224, 0x3ABBa880)
NTFS.sys-address F76C5224 base at F7664000, datestamp 3d6d35c1

suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks.

my setup
AMD 3000+
Kingston 1gb ddr400 pc3200
Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP video card
Western Digital WD1600JD 160gb Sata drive

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-GA-K8N-Ultra-939-pci-probs-ftopict59515.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=301235

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

On 26 Jul 2005 18:36:43 -0400, hihat
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>hi, i get these or similar STOP errors:
>
>Kernal_data_inpage_error STOP: 0x0000007A
>(0x0C03DDB14, 0xC0000090, 0xF76C5224, 0x3ABBa880)
>NTFS.sys-address F76C5224 base at F7664000, datestamp 3d6d35c1
>
>suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks.

Check your hard drives and the controller driver. 0x7A indicates
problem with memory paging and they could eb caused by bad sector,
incompatible drive, bad driver for disk controller, improper
termination, bad power or cable, etc.

A quick solution (assuming your Windows can boot fine) is to turn off
paging feature. If you can't even get to XP at all, you may need to
check the power supply and make sure they are of correct model for
SATA drives, make sure the SATA cable is not damaged or poorly
connected and make sure the BIOS are correctly configured.

If all else fails, get a standard ATA drive and make that the main
bootable drive to rule out bad mobo or bad hard drive.

"" wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2005 18:36:43 -0400, hihat
> <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:
>
> >hi, i get these or similar STOP errors:
> >
> >Kernal_data_inpage_error STOP: 0x0000007A
> >(0x0C03DDB14, 0xC0000090, 0xF76C5224, 0x3ABBa880)
> >NTFS.sys-address F76C5224 base at F7664000, datestamp
> 3d6d35c1
> >
> >suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks.
>
> Check your hard drives and the controller driver. 0x7A
> indicates
> problem with memory paging and they could eb caused by bad
> sector,
> incompatible drive, bad driver for disk controller, improper
> termination, bad power or cable, etc.
>
> A quick solution (assuming your Windows can boot fine) is to
> turn off
> paging feature. If you can't even get to XP at all, you may
> need to
> check the power supply and make sure they are of correct model
> for
> SATA drives, make sure the SATA cable is not damaged or poorly
> connected and make sure the BIOS are correctly configured.
>
> If all else fails, get a standard ATA drive and make that the
> main
> bootable drive to rule out bad mobo or bad hard drive.
> --
> When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh",
> it's already
> too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
> To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net

Thanks for your response. Paging was already turned off.

I should also mention I’m running XP SP1. My system usually crashes
when I’m copying large files. It’s also crashed when CloneDVD was
rejiggering a video, or when I was importing a home movie via firewire
or copying files from a usb zip drive. Thanks again for the help.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-GA-K8N-Ultra-939-pci-probs-ftopict59515.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=301343