usiing my laptop for desktop monitor

Can I use my laptop's monitor for my desktop w/o a docking station?
2 answers Last reply
More about usiing laptop desktop monitor

    NO! You can not use the laptop's monitor directly as a monitor for desktop.
    To do this, you would have to take the laptop apart and adapt the LCD screen
    to the desktop. This is very complicated and could be dangerous.

    However, you can find software which would allow to the "extend" you
    desktop's Windows desktop over the netwaork and onto the laptop.

    "thugo" <thugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I use my laptop's monitor for my desktop w/o a docking station?

    "thugo" <thugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6A2A90-C1F0-4CE1-9BAC-F5CE4AC27F78@microsoft.com...
    > Can I use my laptop's monitor for my desktop w/o a docking station?

    Even with a docking station, you can't.
    However there are utilities like VNC and WinXP remote desktop connection.

    --PA

Laptops Hardware Desktops Monitors Microsoft Windows XP