GA-8IPE1000 rev 2 problems

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Hi all, I have just upgraded the motherboard in my PC and now I have a
problem. The system works fine apart from the fact that whenever I plug a
Sony digital camera (I haven't tried any other brands as I dont have access
to any, but I have tried 3 different model Sony camera) into any of the USB
ports, the computer will hardware reset.

I have tried messing with the bios settings but no luck. Any ideas?

The specs are as follows:
P4 2.66@533
Gigabyte 8IPE1000 rev 2
2x 512 Kingston 400mhz ram in dual channel
ATI Radeon 9650 128meg
480W power supply

Cheers Dre

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

U¿ytkownik "Dre" <blah@somewhere.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> Hi all, I have just upgraded the motherboard in my PC and now I have a
> problem. The system works fine apart from the fact that whenever I plug a
> Sony digital camera (I haven't tried any other brands as I dont have
> access
> to any, but I have tried 3 different model Sony camera) into any of the
> USB
> ports, the computer will hardware reset.
>
> I have tried messing with the bios settings but no luck. Any ideas?

Have you reinstalled the system as well? Or are you using previous system
drivers, because such are probably needed for USB support.
What Windows version are you using?

--
rgsd,
rb

"Robbo" <robbo@i.luv.spam.com> wrote in message

> U¿ytkownik "Dre" <blah@somewhere.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > Hi all, I have just upgraded the motherboard in my PC and now I have a
> > problem. The system works fine apart from the fact that whenever I plug
> > Sony digital camera (I haven't tried any other brands as I dont have
> > access
> > to any, but I have tried 3 different model Sony camera) into any of the
> > USB
> > ports, the computer will hardware reset.
> >
> > I have tried messing with the bios settings but no luck. Any ideas?
>
> Have you reinstalled the system as well? Or are you using previous system
> drivers, because such are probably needed for USB support.
> What Windows version are you using?
>
> --
> rgsd,
> rb

Sorry, should have mentioned the software. The system also got a new Sata
hard disc so total clean fresh install, no old software. The system is
running Windows 2000.

It gets better, I have just upgraded the other PC here to the same spec
motherboard, allthough with a 3.2gig processer over the 2.66gig. This
system works fine and I haven't done anything differently.

Also, whenever I use anything like Partion magic or say use Computer
management built into 2000, it resets whenever I try and change a drive
letter...

Wierd

Cheers Dre