Problem with WinXP SP2. Event ID: 11 Origin: Disk

I have a PC with working version of Windows XP+SP1.
I have two removable HardDisk that I use, both mount the
same operating system (XP+SP1).
The HardDisk are two Maxtor of 80 Gb and other of 120 Gb.
After to have installed the service Pack 2 all it seems to work
correctly but if within in the registry of the events I found
error "Event ID: 11" with "origin: Disk"

My configuration Hardware is following:

Matherboard: ASRock k7s41gx
Processor: Athlon XP 2600+ Barton
Ram: 1 Gb 400 DDR
Video: GEFORCE 5 FX 5500 256 MB DDR AGP 8X
Disk: MAXTOR D.MaxPlus9 6Y080L0 80GB ATA 133 7.2RPM 2 MB
MAXTOR D.MaxPlus9 120GB ATA 133
DVD-RW: NEC 2500A

The PC has all the drivers updated (bios comprised) and the
problem verification after to have installed the SP2.

Regards
Luigi
2 answers Last reply
More about problem winxp event origin disk

    This problem is typically caused by a failing cable that connects the drive
    to the computer.

    Try replacing the cable with a known working one.

    Dave

    "Dave" <notdisclosed@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This problem is typically caused by a failing cable that connects the
    > drive
    > to the computer.
    >
    > Try replacing the cable with a known working one.
    >
    > Dave

    And with those removable disks, depending on how the connection is made,
    you've got a greater chance something won't be as snug as it should be; I've
    got one that takes considerable force to get it seated all the way. If you
    move them around a lot, there's also a chance that the connection has worn
    or loosened.

Windows XP