Problem onboard network on GA-K8NS ultra 93 not working

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Hello,
I have recently changed my config for a Gigabyte GA-K8NS ultra 939
with an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Evrything went fine and I install XP
Pro SP2 as O/S. However, when I tried to connect to the web through
one of the 2 onboard network connectors, there is no connection
possible. But when I connect a PCI network card, I can connect to web.
Is there something special to do to make the connectors work? Am I
doing anything wrong. I have updated every possible driver and still
nothing. Can U help?

Thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-Problem-onboard-network-GA-K8NS-ultra-93-working-ftopict62310.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313872

"djezirir" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have recently changed my config for a Gigabyte GA-K8NS ultra 939
> with an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Evrything went fine and I install XP
> Pro SP2 as O/S. However, when I tried to connect to the web through
> one of the 2 onboard network connectors, there is no connection
> possible. But when I connect a PCI network card, I can connect to web.
> Is there something special to do to make the connectors work? Am I
> doing anything wrong. I have updated every possible driver and still
> nothing. Can U help?
>
> Thanks in advance

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-Problem-onboard-network-GA-K8NS-ultra-93-working-ftopict62310.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313872

Go into cmos setup and enable the onboard LAN.

keith

djezirir wrote:
> Hello,
> I have recently changed my config for a Gigabyte GA-K8NS ultra 939
> with an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Evrything went fine and I install XP
> Pro SP2 as O/S. However, when I tried to connect to the web through
> one of the 2 onboard network connectors, there is no connection
> possible. But when I connect a PCI network card, I can connect to web.
> Is there something special to do to make the connectors work? Am I
> doing anything wrong. I have updated every possible driver and still
> nothing. Can U help?
>
> Thanks in advance

Make sure you have installed the drivers FROM the included cd. There
should be an ethernet device in device manager. Is this so?

"" wrote:
> djezirir wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have recently changed my config for a Gigabyte GA-K8NS
> ultra 939
> > with an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice. Evrything went fine and I
> install XP
> > Pro SP2 as O/S. However, when I tried to connect to the web
> through
> > one of the 2 onboard network connectors, there is no
> connection
> > possible. But when I connect a PCI network card, I can
> connect to web.
> > Is there something special to do to make the connectors
> work? Am I
> > doing anything wrong. I have updated every possible driver
> and still
> > nothing. Can U help?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> Make sure you have installed the drivers FROM the included
> cd. There
> should be an ethernet device in device manager. Is this so?

Yes I have it in the device manager. The thing is when I plug the
canle, I have the network trying to "acquire network address’ but
nothing comes out. It stays with IP 0.0.0.0 However that works with
the PCI network board

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-Problem-onboard-network-GA-K8NS-ultra-93-working-ftopict62310.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=314175

"djezirir" wrote:
> Yes I have it in the device manager. The thing is when I plug
> the canle, I have the network trying to "acquire network
> address' but nothing comes out. It stays with IP 0.0.0.0
> However that works with the PCI network board

I called my ISP provider and they have done something their end and
mow the connector is working.
Thanks for your help