Intellimouse: scrolling up causes problems

I have just encountered this problem in the past three weeks and it is really
getting on my nerves. I have encountered this on two different workstations.
If I scroll up in a browser and then move my mouse, I hear a serieas of
"ticks" and the browser goes back as if I pressed the back button. When I
perform the same series of movements in Outlook, I hear the ticks again, the
screen flashes and I'm taken right back to where I was before I scrolled up
on my mouse.

I have encountered this problem with several versions of the Intellipoint
software (4.12,5.0,5.2) and also with no Intellipoint software installed.

I have seen others on Google groups with the same problem, but no one has
found a solution yet.

I fixed it!!! I uninstalled SP2 and the problem has gone away.
Thanks again Microsoft.

Congratulations, you have determined that you have incompatible drivers.

bbull@pathfire.com wrote:

> I fixed it!!! I uninstalled SP2 and the problem has gone away.
> Thanks again Microsoft.

Or drivers that just didn't install right. Make sure you are using the
latest version of IntelliPoint for your mouse. Also, try reinstalling
it after installing SP2 as SP2 breaks somethings during its install, but
can be remedied by reinstalling the application.

-----
Nathan McNulty
Swap gmail with name for email :)