No "starting beep" and blank screen with "8I915P Duo

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

CONDITIONS:
Motherboard is as clean as it can be. Only CPU (P4 3.0 Ghz) with fan,
one memory module and a simple graphic card connected. The power supply
is connected to the motherboards standard contact and also to the
four-pin contact (power to the cpu).
PROBLEM:
Sometimes the motherboard start and sometimes not. With "start" I mean
that it should beep once and the monitor should have a signal from the
grapthic card. When it does NOT start, there is no beep and no screen
signal but the fan is working.
This situation is random, sometimes it works and sometimes not. BIOS is
the latest (F5), I have tried with different power supplies (all of
them 300 Watt), different memory modules and different PCI Graphic
cards.

Is it a broken motherboard or do you have any other ideá?

Regards
Martin

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

Check your memory is seated correctly. Also check your memory settings in
the bios. I had a brand new kinston stick that was DOA.

<news@teknologia.com> wrote in message
[...]

I've tried with another power supply but without success. Both of them
are 300 Watt, I wonder if that could be a problem but it should not be
a problem with just the motherboard and a processor connected, no
harddrives or anything is connected for the moment.

// Martin

Falco

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?)

I had EXACTLY the same problem just recently.
I had no idea where to start, but for some reason I thought it may be a
power supply problem
The existing power supply was an EXPENSIVE ANTEC power supply that was about
15 months old.
I went down to my local computer shop and purchased the cheapest power
supply I could find.
Installed the new power supply and that fixed the problem

I am not saying that's what is wrong with yours but the symptoms you
described were word perfect for the problem I had.

"Brenden Will" <brenx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check your memory is seated correctly. Also check your memory settings in
> the bios. I had a brand new kinston stick that was DOA.
>
> <news@teknologia.com> wrote in message
> CONDITIONS:
> Motherboard is as clean as it can be. Only CPU (P4 3.0 Ghz) with fan,
> one memory module and a simple graphic card connected. The power supply
> is connected to the motherboards standard contact and also to the
> four-pin contact (power to the cpu).
> PROBLEM:
> Sometimes the motherboard start and sometimes not. With "start" I mean
> that it should beep once and the monitor should have a signal from the
> grapthic card. When it does NOT start, there is no beep and no screen
> signal but the fan is working.
> This situation is random, sometimes it works and sometimes not. BIOS is
> the latest (F5), I have tried with different power supplies (all of
> them 300 Watt), different memory modules and different PCI Graphic
> cards.
>
> Is it a broken motherboard or do you have any other ideá?
>
> Regards
> Martin

TRENDING THREADS