8KNXP f10 bios

The new f10 bios for the 8KNXP refers to updating the "micro code" as the
only enhancement. Does anyone know what this entails and if it is worth an
upgrade from f9?

--

To reply, nix "nix" in address.
2 answers Last reply

    Haven't tried it for the simple reason "If it aint broke don't fix it".

    Now this may sound lame considering there are still things that are broke,
    but given it has taken so long to get from F5 to a reasonably stable F9
    (really only two version since F7 and F8 were no goers) I don't consider it
    worth while yet to take what I perceive to be a risk.

    When they mention microcode like that wrongly or not I interpret it as
    "updating a static table of information" - most likely IMHO to be prescott
    related initialisation data or other minor data.

    So, one day when I get utterly board, destructive, or contemptuous I may try
    this bios upgrade.

    - Tim

    "Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:c4obda$qqv$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > Haven't tried it for the simple reason "If it aint broke don't fix it".
    >
    > Now this may sound lame considering there are still things that are broke,
    > but given it has taken so long to get from F5 to a reasonably stable F9
    > (really only two version since F7 and F8 were no goers) I don't consider
    it
    > worth while yet to take what I perceive to be a risk.
    >
    > When they mention microcode like that wrongly or not I interpret it as
    > "updating a static table of information" - most likely IMHO to be prescott
    > related initialisation data or other minor data.
    >
    > So, one day when I get utterly board, destructive, or contemptuous I may
    try
    > this bios upgrade.

    I'm on the same wavelength, but "updating micro code" sounded important, and
    touched off memories of the math bug in the original Pentiums. <g>

Gigabyte BIOS Motherboards