When mounting an IDE DVD writer in an external box with a USB interface to
a computer running XP SP2 should the drive be set to master, slave or cable
select or doesn't it matter?
Fred Pickering

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Fred Pickering wrote:
> When mounting an IDE DVD writer in an external box with a USB interface to
> a computer running XP SP2 should the drive be set to master, slave or cable
> select or doesn't it matter?
> Fred Pickering

I set mine to cable select and everything works just fine. The ribbon
cable connctor in my external enclosure is labeled "Master", so I assume
setting the jumper to master would also work.

jimbo