7DXE Shutsdown after 5 seconds

SANGER

I've just got a 7DXE and Athlon 2000 but when installed in an existing
(working) ATX case, the machine automatically powers off 5 seconds after
being powered on. No warning beeps from speaker.

I have attempted moving the RAM to each of the 3 slots and with only CPU,
RAM and fan connected to the motherboard. Installing VGA card makes no
difference, and no video signal is seen when VGA is installed.

During 5 seconds the CPU fan spins, the PSU fan spins and the RAM LED is
yellow.

The case in which the motherboard is installed originally housed an Asus
P2B, therefore the PSU is sufficient for that board, however it has no label
to tell me what wattage it is. I would *guess* that its 250W

---
Other Info:
M/B Rev : 3.1
BIOS Ver : machine won't display video, so no idea!
VGA: ATi Radeon SDR
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000
Memory Brand : Crucial Type : DDR
Memory Size : 256 Speed : 266
M/B Freqnency: set at 133Mhz
---

Any suggestions?

"Sanger" <Sanger@nowhere.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've just got a 7DXE and Athlon 2000 but when installed in an existing
> (working) ATX case, the machine automatically powers off 5 seconds after
> being powered on. No warning beeps from speaker.
>
> snip <

5s is the default power shutdown time. Either your power ON button is
shorting (or mobo shorting to case) or the power flip-flop on the
motherboard is faulty. Unplug the power button and see whether the PC starts
by itself (indicating a short to case). If not then use a screwdriver to
start the PC by shorting the power pins momentarily.

SANGER

Without the on button connect, it does nothing. I'll try the screwdriver..
Thanks A.

Kevin

"Alien Zord" <rem.alienzord@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> "Sanger" <Sanger@nowhere.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I've just got a 7DXE and Athlon 2000 but when installed in an existing
> > (working) ATX case, the machine automatically powers off 5 seconds after
> > being powered on. No warning beeps from speaker.
> >
> > snip <
> >
> 5s is the default power shutdown time. Either your power ON button is
> shorting (or mobo shorting to case) or the power flip-flop on the
> motherboard is faulty. Unplug the power button and see whether the PC
starts
> by itself (indicating a short to case). If not then use a screwdriver to
> start the PC by shorting the power pins momentarily.

Another, known good, power supply to test with is useful.