disable on board sound

I wanted to install a new sound card on my computer. My computer has onboard
sound (on the mobo). How do I disable the onboard sound? Is it in the bios?
And if so, the bios screen only flickers on briefly during boot up. How do I
access it if its available for only a fraction of a second?

TIA
Bill

papa

Most computers use the DEL key to access the BIOS. Some use F2 or another
function key. To get into your BIOS, tap the DEL key (or whatever key is
required) during the very early part of the boot-up process.

To find out which key is used to get into your BIOS, look in your
motherboard manual. Also, your BIOS screen will usually say which key, but
you must look quickly because that screen disappears in a hurry. However,
you can freeze a BIOS screen by hitting the pause button. Then, when you are
done, hit the ESC key to continue.