I want to buy a Lightgun - second-hand -any reseller here?

Last response: in Video Games
February 8, 2005 11:53:14 AM

Hi MAME-Fans,

I'm searching for a good PC-compatible Lightgun for a PC Monitor,
especially the Act-Labs Lightgun.
Due to the act-labs internetsite (
http://www.act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm ), it's sold out and isn't
in production.

Also the german distributor of act-labs (SpeedLink) has no PC
Lightguns.

So here I am, searching for a person, company, ... where I can get a
new or second-hand Lightgun.

I know that there is a Lightgun called BioGun which can be bought here
in Germany. But this one is very heavy and can only be pluged into
the ps/2-port, which means: No Mouse. So I do not want this.

regards
rieker
February 8, 2005 10:07:04 PM

* Rieker Flaik Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> Hi MAME-Fans,
>
> I'm searching for a good PC-compatible Lightgun for a PC Monitor,
> especially the Act-Labs Lightgun.
> Due to the act-labs internetsite (
> http://www.act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm ), it's sold out and
> isn't in production.
>
> Also the german distributor of act-labs (SpeedLink) has no PC
> Lightguns.
>
> So here I am, searching for a person, company, ... where I can get
> a new or second-hand Lightgun.
>
> I know that there is a Lightgun called BioGun which can be bought
> here in Germany. But this one is very heavy and can only be
> pluged into the ps/2-port, which means: No Mouse. So I do not want
> this.

I see 2 on Ebay but they want over $50 for them.

Watch for wrap:

David
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:19:09 PM

Rieker Flaik's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hi MAME-Fans,
> I'm searching for a good PC-compatible Lightgun for a PC Monitor,
> especially the Act-Labs Lightgun.
> Due to the act-labs internetsite (
> http://www.act-labs.com/products/gun1.htm ), it's sold out and isn't
> in production.
> Also the german distributor of act-labs (SpeedLink) has no PC
> Lightguns.
> So here I am, searching for a person, company, ... where I can get a
> new or second-hand Lightgun.
> I know that there is a Lightgun called BioGun which can be bought here
> in Germany. But this one is very heavy and can only be pluged into
> the ps/2-port, which means: No Mouse. So I do not want this.

check ebay for the ActLabs USB one, or get a PS/2 splitter
February 8, 2005 10:19:10 PM

Hellmark thought about it a bit, then said...
> check ebay for the ActLabs USB one, or get a PS/2 splitter

The BioGun has a PS/2 passthrough, but trust me, you don't want it.
Absolutely lousy accuracy and it doesn't work with WinXP for whatever
reason.

And no, I'm not giving up my Act-Labs gun. Sorry. ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Kevin Steele's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hellmark thought about it a bit, then said...
>> check ebay for the ActLabs USB one, or get a PS/2 splitter
> The BioGun has a PS/2 passthrough, but trust me, you don't want it.
> Absolutely lousy accuracy and it doesn't work with WinXP for whatever
> reason.

Yeah, I remember your reviews. Just stating his options
!