remove hardware icon

how do i remove the 'remove hardware icon' program from the taskbar
i've recently just completed a new re install but the above program wishes
to remove the drivers for my modem which is working fine.
thanks
laura

---
More about remove hardware icon

    What kind of machine?? Laptop with PC-Card modem??

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Laura" <laura@onion146.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä
    > how do i remove the 'remove hardware icon' program from the taskbar
    > i've recently just completed a new re install but the above program wishes
    > to remove the drivers for my modem which is working fine.
    > thanks
    > laura
    >

    > ---

Hardware Virus Microsoft Windows XP