8KNXP rev:1 RMAed

How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as well?

I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks of
RAM.
Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

JD
5 answers Last reply
More about 8knxp rmaed

    "JDcluster" <k630re@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as
    well?

    > I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks
    of
    > RAM.
    > Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

    Rock solid here, now entering its 10th month. (Knocking on wood)

    Exactly what happened to yours? Symptoms?

    "Bob Davis" <iclicknix@cox.net> wrote in message

    > "JDcluster" <k630re@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > > How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as
    > well?
    > >
    > > I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2
    sticks
    > of
    > > RAM.
    > > Mine died after 10 months of normal use.
    >
    > Rock solid here, now entering its 10th month. (Knocking on wood)
    >
    > Exactly what happened to yours? Symptoms?

    Mine lasted 2 months before it died. The Fans where all spinning it just
    refused to post.
    My Friend bought a rev 1 at the same time and his packed up with the same
    symptons 2 days ago.

    > How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as well?
    >
    > I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2 sticks of
    > RAM.
    > Mine died after 10 months of normal use.

    A few weeks ago, my 8KNXP (rev 1) died after about 8 months of normal
    use. (I leave my computer on 24x7, and one day, I sat at my desk,
    only to find that the system had crashed and would refuse to post upon
    rebooting.)

    Here in Toronto, it took the Gigabyte service centre about 2 weeks to
    get a new board in, and they replaced it with another rev 1. I really
    hope this replacement doesn't die. (If so, the 8KNXP will have been
    my first -- and probably last -- Gigabyte product.)

    -kris
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    Hello

    I actually had 3 x rev 1 boards RMA'd. Basically they would not run in a
    stable manner. Finally I got a Rev 2 board which is now very stable and has
    been used extensively for about 4 months now without issue. More than likely
    it was a matter of the components I had but I purchased a Aopen AX4C Max to
    use during the 3 months or so on and off that the Gigabyte was away and
    everything ran very well. I got very tired of swapping the motherboard out
    each time I got a new Rev 1 board back to only find it still did not run
    very well. I was going to keep the Aopen board but the Gigabyte has some
    nice touches such as the extra ITE IDE ports and full powered external USB 2
    and FireWire ports which are connected to my external ports on the top of my
    Thermaltake case. Below is my current setup which is running very well and
    literally never crashes at all.

    Mark

    Giga-Byte GA-8KNXP v.2.0 Motherboard w/ Award BIOS v. FH
    Pentium 4 3.0 w/800 MHz FSB Intel 875P Chipset - HT & PAT enabled
    1GB Corsair PC3200 (@ 2.8v (2.5,3,3,6) - Read 4800 MB/s, Write 1500 MB/s
    (AIDA32 V3.90)
    2 Seagate 120 GB SATA Hard Drives (RAID 1)
    RAID 1 on Intel ICH5R (v3.5.0.2568)
    Western Digital 200 GB PATA Hard Drive (IDE 3 - Master ITE Controller)
    ASUS V9560 FX5600 - AGP 8x 128MB DDR Video Card VIVO (Nvidia v.53.03)
    Lite-On 52x32x52 CDR-W (IDE 1 Master)
    Panasonic LS-120 Drive (IDE 1 Slave)
    Pioneer DVR-107D 8x DVD Writer (IDE 2 Master)
    Iomega ZIP 250 MB Drive (IDE 2 Slave)
    Pioneer DVD-120 DVD-ROM drive (IDE 4 - Master ITE Controller)
    Sony DR-510 DVD-RW Drive (Firewire port)
    External 80 GB USB 2.0 Drive
    Yamaha AP-U70 External USB Amplifier
    Adaptec Duo-Connect IEEE1394/USB 2.0 PCI Card
    Thermaltake 480 watt ATX Power Supply
    Thermaltake Xaser 3 case
    Hitachi 17" LCD Monitor (1280 x 1024)
    Win XP Pro SP-1a O.E.M.

    --
    NOTE: remove nospam. to reply
    "Kris Vorwerk" <spam@vorwerk.ca> wrote in message
    > > How many others out there in computer land had to have theirs RMAed as
    well?

    > > I will have my replacement ,Rev 2 in a couple of days along with 2
    sticks of
    > > RAM.
    > > Mine died after 10 months of normal use.
    >

    > A few weeks ago, my 8KNXP (rev 1) died after about 8 months of normal
    > use. (I leave my computer on 24x7, and one day, I sat at my desk,
    > only to find that the system had crashed and would refuse to post upon
    > rebooting.)
    >
    > Here in Toronto, it took the Gigabyte service centre about 2 weeks to
    > get a new board in, and they replaced it with another rev 1. I really
    > hope this replacement doesn't die. (If so, the 8KNXP will have been
    > my first -- and probably last -- Gigabyte product.)
    >
    > -kris
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?)

    I RMA'd my rev 1 after it refused to post. I'd had it for six months

    I got a rev 2.0 in return, thanks to newegg.

Gigabyte Computer Motherboards