Q: Why is the PPC emulator blank?

July 7, 2004 3:37:59 AM

<newbie/>

So, I downloaded, installed embedded vc++4.0, sp3, PPC 2003 SDK, and when I
run the emulator standalone or through the VC++ IDE the emulator window
comes up, displays the buttons, and just sits there with a black screen.

Any hints on getting it to boot?

Thanks.

More about : ppc emulator blank

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:09:20 AM

More info:

I downloaded/installed the SmartPhone 2003 Emulator to try it as well.
Creating the HelloWorld project and trying to "Build/Build-all" gives the
dialog:

"Starting emulator startup server"
with the progress bar moving for about a minute, then:

"Timeout: Failed to connect to the device
Failed downloading

I've tried the Windows CE Platform Manager Configuration, and many emulator
images, and all of the TCP options (virtual switch, NAT, and my 2 ip
addresses). When I click "Test" the emulator with the phone skin pops up
but it never connects.

Any ideas?
!