Tiny keyboard

I have a Tiny keyboard (model SK1689) with designated 'EMAIL' and 'INTERNET'
keys. The 'INTERNET' key works but the 'EMAIL' key doesn't. Does anyone
know how I can get it to work?

open the keyboard app in the control panel and assign your
desired email program to the key.

"Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
|I have a Tiny keyboard (model SK1689) with designated
'EMAIL' and 'INTERNET'
| keys. The 'INTERNET' key works but the 'EMAIL' key
doesn't. Does anyone
| know how I can get it to work?

Jim,
Thanks for the response. I've clicked on the keyboard icon in the control
panel but I can't see anywhere where I can designate the keyboard keys to
particular program.

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> open the keyboard app in the control panel and assign your
> desired email program to the key.

> "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
> |I have a Tiny keyboard (model SK1689) with designated
> 'EMAIL' and 'INTERNET'
> | keys. The 'INTERNET' key works but the 'EMAIL' key
> doesn't. Does anyone
> | know how I can get it to work?

I do not know what drivers for your keyboard are available.
The generic Windows drivers do allow re-mapping keys and the
keyboard maker (check their web site) may have special
drivers. You may be able to find some drivers for an
enhanced keyboard that will work also, but just be sure they
are compatible with the system.

I have a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and use the Microsoft
Intellective software, it has three tabs, one is for key
mapping and assignments. You can set the "mail" key to run
anything, any program. Whether you can use that software
with your keyboard depends on the hardware and the
legalities of the EULA.

wrote in message
| Jim,
| Thanks for the response. I've clicked on the keyboard icon
in the control
| panel but I can't see anywhere where I can designate the
keyboard keys to
| particular program.
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > open the keyboard app in the control panel and assign
your
| > desired email program to the key.
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Diana, England"
<DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com>
| > wrote in message

| > |I have a Tiny keyboard (model SK1689) with designated
| > 'EMAIL' and 'INTERNET'
| > | keys. The 'INTERNET' key works but the 'EMAIL' key
| > doesn't. Does anyone
| > | know how I can get it to work?

Jim,
Thanks for your help. I'll have a look for the keyboard driver.

Jim Macklin wrote:
> I do not know what drivers for your keyboard are available.
> The generic Windows drivers do allow re-mapping keys and the
> keyboard maker (check their web site) may have special
> drivers. You may be able to find some drivers for an
> enhanced keyboard that will work also, but just be sure they
> are compatible with the system.
>
> I have a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and use the Microsoft
> Intellective software,

It's IntelliType ;o)

lose his marbles?

typo

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in
message news:fbsid.62$mu4.41@fe48.usenetserver.com...
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| > I do not know what drivers for your keyboard are
available.
| > The generic Windows drivers do allow re-mapping keys and
the
| > keyboard maker (check their web site) may have special
| > drivers. You may be able to find some drivers for an
| > enhanced keyboard that will work also, but just be sure
they
| > are compatible with the system.
| >
| > I have a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and use the
Microsoft
| > Intellective software,
|
| It's IntelliType ;o)
|

| --
| My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he
eventually
| lose his marbles?

TRENDING THREADS